Pain Relief for Gout - Useful Home Remedies
Are you looking for a better way to treat your
Many people are tired of taking expensive medications and having to
wait for their pain to even begin to subside. If you are one of them,
you should consider a home remedy to get
for gout. After all, what do you
really have to lose by trying something a little different?
Here are 10 home remedies you can use to eliminate the pain from an
attack with gout:
1. Ice is an old remedy that still works wonders today. Apply the ice
to the area that is swollen and in pain. Leave the ice for up to 15
minutes. Even if the cold is uncomfortable on your skin it will be
worth the slight discomfort to be pain free in a short time.
2. Make sure you have a bottle of ibuprofen. As soon as you begin
feeling the discomfort you should take one.
3. Move the joints around. Exercise them to keep your range of motion
at its best. Exercising the joints about twice a day should be plenty.
4. Soak the area in warm water and Epsom salt. If you look in your
medicine cabinet odds are you will find
some Epsom salt. This is an old remedy for aching muscles, rashes and
even a laxative.
5. Fruits such as strawberries and cherries will neutralize the uric
acid in your body, thus eliminating the onset of a gout attack.
6. Cherry juice is also great, it will do the same as eating the
cherries, reduce and neutralized the uric acid in the body.
7. Increase your daily water consumption to between 10-12 8 oz.
glasses every day. The water will help flush the body of the toxins
and neutralize some of the uric acid.
8. Add more citrus fruits and leafy green veggies to your diet. They
are known to help reduce the inflammation from the crystallized
9. Increase activity , basically exercise more often. In the areas
that the gout settles you should be sure you are getting them moving.
The regular movement will increase the strength of the joint and the
health of it as well.
Sometimes the best cures are the old cures. When nothing else seems to
be working to help with pain relief for gout, think back to what your
Grandmother would have used!
10. Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular remedies of the old
days. It was used for many different conditions and ailments. Mix 2
tbsp. of organic honey and 2tbsp apple cider vinegar twice a day. Soon
you will notice an improvement in your gout symptoms.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of natural
gout treatment. Discover how you can get rid of your gout for good
using proven home remedies, all without using harmful medications or
drugs. Visit his site now at
About the Author:
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading health researcher in the area of natural
remedies and weight loss.He had published many health articles online,
is a platinum expert author in EzineArticles and writes for Health
Central, which is a leading health authority website. Some of his
High Blood Pressure Treatment & Medications Reviews
Gout Relief Made Easy - Gout Natural Cure
Fat Loss Diet - Effective Weight Loss Diet Tips
Additional Information and
webpage by Paul Susic MA Licensed
Psychologist Ph.D. Candidate
Page on Google Plus
Senior Care Psychological Consulting 2451 Executive Dr. Ste.
103 St. Charles, Missouri 63303 (636) 300-9922