OK, we can all agree that this economy has us down, right? Many of
us are struggling just to pay the bills while others are out of work
completely and looking for jobs. How on earth do you stay out of
depression and stay healthy in this kind of climate when you're
Well, there are a few tricks you can do so your
body and overall health don't get as out of whack as your bank
account. You do not need to sit around all day being
Here are some things to do to make sure your attitude remains
positive and your body, mind and emotions healthy. In spite of
what's going on 'out there.'
- Get some exercise! If you belong to a health club, get there
and do your workout. Exercise increases the endorphins in your
brain and puts you in a better mood so things don't look so bad.
- If you can't afford a health club right now, go walking. This
is one of the easiest and best exercises you can do to stay
- Eat healthy, balanced meals. Our bodies do not need as much
food as we put into them, so: Move More and Eat Less. Your body
will thank you.
- Watch a funny movie. Laughter actually helps the body heal, so
a good hearty laugh is essential every day.
- By the same token, stay away from stressful or depressing
movies or TV shows. They will not make you feel better.
- Meditate for 20 minutes a day. This lowers blood pressure and
calms the mind and body wonderfully. Many health clubs, yoga
centers and even libraries offer programs for little or no money.
- Read that self-help book by that new author that you've been
meaning to get around to. If you can't buy it, then find it at the
library. It's free!
- Get a massage. It's wonderful for the body, mind and spirit.
If you can't afford it, see whether you can barter with the
massage therapist. You just might have a service or product they
- Spend some time with children and watch how carefree they are.
Remember when you were like that? You can be again.
Remember, recessions and depressions don't last forever. The
Roman Empire no longer exists, does it? So when things feel intense,
just breathe deeply and say to yourself: "This too shall pass."
To learn about how I have managed to stay healthy, whether
during a recession or not a recession, visit today:
Body Health and Wellness As Tied To the Spiritual